EaseUS is a pretty well-known company that sells programs to remove locks, backup data, recover data, and more. EaseUS has been active since 2004, works in 160 countries, and seems to be a well-established provider in the market that offers a pretty complete service, however, after seeing the negative comments from previous users, we got on with the job and created this review to determine if EaseUS really works and if it is recommendable to remove your iCloud activation lock with them.
What Services does EaseUS Offer?
EaseUS has approximately 43 different programs with different purposes including the activation lock removal software, most of the programs available have a free trial (which some customers have stated doesn’t work and has a lot of limitations so you have to pay anyway) and have three different paid options:
- 1-month license: You pay $29.95 for a monthly subscription that can be installed on one computer only. This license allows you to unlock up to 5 iOS devices.
We recommend that you check the renewal settings because there are a lot of reviews related to unauthorized charges even after unsubscribing.
- Lifetime license: You pay apparently $49.95 for a lifetime license that can be installed on one computer only. This license allows you to unlock up to 5 iOS devices.
- Technician license: You can choose to pay $399 for a yearly subscription or $999 for a lifetime subscription (the license can be installed on one computer only). This license allows you to unlock unlimited devices.
How to Find EaseUS’ iCloud Activation Lock Removal Software?
Accesing the iCloud activation lock removal tool MobiUnlock is a little bit confusing because the website is not that well designed, but just follow these indications and you will find the software to unlock your iPhone:
- Visit EaseUS’ official website.
- Locate the menu bar on top of the page.
- Drag your cursor to the “utilities” tab.
- Go to the “iPhone Utilities” option.
- Click on “MobiUnlock”.
EaseUS iCloud Activation Lock Removal: Description
There are some things you should take into account before paying for the activation lock removal software, the first one is that as we mentioned above, no matter if you pay for the monthly or lifetime subscription, anyway you can only unlock up to 5 iOS devices and the software can be activated in one computer at a time, the main difference is that with the monthly subscription you will need to pay 30USD month after month for exactly the same service (because they want users to get the lifetime license).
Also, as the pre-sales agent of EaseUS informed us, if you use EaseUs’ monthly license to remove the iCloud activation lock from your iPhone but at some point stop paying for the subscription, the device will be locked again right after you cancel (so you are paying a high amount for a temporary unlock when there are other unlocking services like SafeUnlocks that ask you to pay $1 for a permanent unlock).
In addition, according to EaseUS’ terms and conditions, if you purchased the program but something happened (didn’t work for you, was not compatible with your device, was so difficult to set up, etc.) and you want to cancel, you won’t receive a refund of your order. Actually, some of the complaints we saw on Capterra’s reviews (a site where customers can post their opinions about companies), a lot of people have had issues when requesting a refund to EaseUS and tt seems they don’t honor their refund policies.
Would we Recommend MobiUnlock-EaseUS?
The honest answer to this question is no, we wouldn’t recommend you use this software to remove the activation lock from your iPhone, here are the main reasons why.
This service is so expensive, paying this amount of money for an Apple ID removal seems kind of excessive, and we don’t think it’s okay to get a subscription for a service that you will use one time. If you were getting a streaming service or something you need to access constantly it would be justified, but if you are trying to remove a lock from a device, the best is to find a service that charges per unlocked device.
It’s not a Permanent Unlock
What we explained above is a pretty serious problem that this company has, and it is that users are supposed to pay $30 for an unlock that is not permanent (if you want it to be permanent you have to pay $50, which is seriously too much for an unlock). Also, you can’t really know if the unlocking program is compatible with your Apple device (because is not clarified on the website), so you can end up paying that money for nothing and not receiving a refund as normal.
You will Lose all your Information
If you look closely, there is a disclaimer that informs that all the information on your iPhone or Apple device will be erased after the activation lock is removed, so basically if you didn’t have a backup before your iPhone got locked, you will just lose all the information stored on it. In addition, according to many past users’ comments, after you make the purchase, the technical support team barely responds, so if you have any issue with the program you are by yourself.
Which Unlocking Tool would we Recommend?
The unlocking tool we would recommend that you use instead of EaseUS is SafeUnlocks, the process with them is 100% online, so you don’t have to download/install anything on your computer. Here are the main benefits that we think you could take advantage of with SafeUnlocks:
- You only have to pay $1 (which is a really fair and affordable price) per each device unlocked with them.
- The unlocking process is permanent, this unlocking process is a one-time only thing, after you complete it, you won’t have to think about this problem again.
- Removing the activation lock with SafeUnlocks only takes approximately 30 minutes.
- The unlocking process won’t affect the information stored on your iPhone or other applications or functions of it.
- You can unlock as many devices as you want and you pay for what you use, it’s not necessary to pay for endless renewals.
- The process is really easy, and both the instructions and conditions are pretty clear.